Are you a fresh graduate looking for healthcare jobs? ATC Healthcare Services, a provider of Medical Staffing in Upper Darby, PA, has got the right tips for you to forge a successful career in the field:
- Be knowledgeable about your patient’s case. The first rule in caring for a patient is to understand their illness or disability. This can help identify areas you should focus on and create a care plan perfect for their situation. Stay on top of your patient’s medical information by keeping a list and organizing their records. Don’t forget to include other important details like their emergency contact person.
- Work on your attendance and punctuality. Patients rely on you for care. It can mean the difference when you aren’t around. In fact, those who have been used to your assistance would worry about your absence. If you can’t come to work, notify your employer and/or patient so that certain arrangements can be made.
- Practice compassion. Healthcare workers are known for their compassion. While skills are an important asset in the clinical setting, being empathetic should come almost naturally. Be more compassionate to your patients. Try to understand them in their condition, and more importantly, treat them like family. This leads us to the next tip…
- Extend your patience. Patients will think, act, speak, or move slower than you. Avoid hurrying them to do tasks. Adjust to their pace and give them enough time to finish a chore. Encourage their independence as they go through their daily living activities.
- Have the initiative. Always think ahead and be proactive. Anticipate your patient’s needs and offer them assistance without them having to ask. Doing so makes patients feel more comfortable under your care. If you see debris or clutter on the floor that can cause an accident, remove it quickly.
- Respect your patient’s privacy and preferences. Ask for permission or inform them politely before performing any service. Ask them if it’s okay to assist them for a bath or if you can help them dress up. Respect their space during phone calls or visiting hours.
- Keep personal issues out of the workplace. Having a positive state of mind can do wonders for the patient’s recovery. Thus, it is important for healthcare workers to make a ripple of hope and happiness. Drop your problems at the door so you can focus on being your patient’s source of healing and positivity.
- Be professional. As a Healthcare Provider, learn to respect that line of professionalism when you’re caring for patients and helping their families. Never ask for anything personal.
Looking for a Job?
ATC Healthcare Services fulfills all types of healthcare staffing for private medical practices and large healthcare facilities.
Our Healthcare Staffing in Philadelphia offers many opportunities for health professionals. We look forward to assisting you in finding the perfect job that’s right for YOU! Call us today at 215-592-7600.